PechaKucha Penticton Vol. 9: Arts Matter: Visions for the Arts in Penticton
NOTE: Time on the event is wrong. Doors are at 6pm and talks start at 7pm. Sorry for the confusion!
Penticton, BC, Thursday Sept 21/2017 at 6 p.m. Cannery brewing
As the inaugural event of the first Arts Rising Festival, Pecha Kucha Penticton is taking the opportunity to ask local artists, arts groups and art appreciators to share their vision for the arts.
We want to know:
- What do you need to succeed in the arts in Penticton? As an artist, an arts group or an art appreciator...
- What stands in the way of your success in the arts in Penticton?
- What is the one thing you would like to see change in the arts community to help you succeed in the arts?
- What would you like to see included in a community arts plan?
We can't wait to see you there!
Japanese for “chit-chat,” Pecha Kucha originated in Tokyo in 2003 and since grown into an international speaker series based on a simple format: 20 images x 20 seconds. Presenters get 6 minutes and 40 seconds to share their story in a slide-show format.
Held four times a year in Penticton, the popular not-for-profit series brings together a diverse of range of Okanagan thinkers and doers in the arts, business, design, architecture, mental health, entrepreneurship, biology, journalism and many other fields.
Local music aficionado and award-winning podcaster Tenacious T will be in house for your listening pleasure.
Date: Thursday, Sept 21st, 2017
Location: Cannery Brewing, 198 Ellis Street, Penticton, BC
Time: Doors open at 6:00pm. First presentation begins at 7:00 p.m. There will be an intermission.
Come early to get a seat. Parking is limited but free.
Tickets: $10 available at Cannery Brewing, Cowork Penticton (125 Eckhardt Ave) and peatix.com. (All proceeds to Pechakucha.org and Pechakucha.penticton)
For more information please visit: www.facebook.com/PechaKuchaPenticton/
- The event description was updated. Diff#278072 2017-09-13 18:06:28